PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ) ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our User Agreement and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site PreownedCycles.co.uk (Preowned cycles ltd ) (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ), and when you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders;
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, feedback, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data.
- other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ), we might conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law; or if the information you provide cannot be verified, we may ask you to send us additional information, such as your driver’s license, credit card statement, or a recent utility bill or other information confirming your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your information).
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to resolve disputes, collect fees and troubleshoot problems;
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our User Agreement;
- to compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in E17). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of the PreownedCycles.co.uk family.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ) or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and customer support);
- other PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ) users, whether located within the United Kingdom or abroad. For example, where you are involved in a transaction with another user, the other user may view your email address and obtain your contact information and postal address to help complete the transaction;
- other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service); and
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties in response to a request for information (such as a Section 29 (3) Data Protection Act 1998 form) relating to a criminal investigation, alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you or any other PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ) user to legal liability. The personal information we disclose may include your username and user history, name, city, county, telephone number, email address, fraud complaints and bidding and listing history or anything else that we deem relevant.
Information You Share on PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd )
Your username is displayed throughout PreownedCycles.co.uk (and so available to the public) and is connected to all of your PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ) activity. Other people can see your purchases, items for sale, shop fronts and associated comments. Notices sent to other community members about suspicious activity and policy breaches on our sites refer to usernames and specific items. So, if you associate your name with your username, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ) activities. If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an internet cafe, certain information about you, such as your username or reminders from PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ), may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
Using Information from PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd )
PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ) enables you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users' contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's name, username, email address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must comply with data protection laws, and give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use user information only for:
- PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ) transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
- using services offered through PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ) (e.g. escrow, postage and fraud complaints), or
- other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. You are not licensed to add other PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ) users, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ) -related spam or spoof emails to PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ), please report it to us. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would breach our User Agreement. We may automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community, we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ) password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ) and change your password.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ). Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request to us, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltdUser ) Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United Kingdom. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at contactus@PreownedCycles.co.uk ( Preowned cycles ltd ). Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.